let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Nanaimo
A tranquil oasis close to all amenities. This beautiful 3 bedroom, den, 3 bath home in Chase River is ready for you to move in. With a bright open living room and dining room that leads to a patio overlooking breathtaking views. It is a perfect place to relax and call home. Enjoy the kitchen with these same views and plenty of cabinet and counter space. The owner has take pride in this home and that can be se...
This 4 bedroom home has a great layout and will be a wonderful family home. Upstairs has 3 bedrooms 2 baths with a kitchen that is open to a dinning area and living room. Downstairs features a rec room, bedroom and den area with kitchen space. Situated in a quite neighbourhood close to all ammenities makes this the perfect place to call home.
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
I consider it such a privilege to have been born and raised in Nanaimo. My grandfather moved his family here many years ago to take the position of construction foreman on the original NRGH building. He ended up staying in this wonderful community and my father followed in his footsteps and has been building up Nanaimo for over four decades. Now my husband and I have continued in the same direction for the past 13 years with our own construction company. My upbringing has made it clear what it takes to stay in business in a small community for generations and I continue to incorporate that level of dedication in all my endeavors. I have two young boys and it gives me great joy to see their excitement and their plans to follow in our footsteps in real estate and carry on our family legacy into a fourth generation.
My education and background is in Early Childhood Education as well as Child & Youth Care and I have spent close to two decades helping families as an educator and an advocate. I am passionate about supporting families and community and continue volunteering and contributing to program development.
I have a rich understanding of Nanaimo’s amenities, resources and culture coupled with the knowledge of the construction industry making a career in real estate a natural fit. Knowing you and guiding you through your real estate wants and needs is my top priority.